Wednesday, February 23, 2011

OPI Crackle


I purchased the last OPI crackle polish at ULTA last week..score! I could not decide what color/glitter color I wanted underneath so I painted a different color on each finger.  The instructions say to wait until the underneath color is completely dry before applying the crackle polish, but I was too impatient and it didn't crackle correctly.  I had red on my nails from the weekend and decided to try the crackle again today.  Not such a fan of the crackled look.  It just looks messy to me.  I also have never been a fan of red + black together- kinda goth looking.

China Glaze is coming out with multi colored crackle polish soon, unless it is already out.  I don't think I will get anymore.  I may try a new color under the black next week, but after that, I think I will wait until Halloween to do orange and crackle black.. it seems fitting.

TIPS from me for Crackle polish:

  • Wait for your underneath color to be completely dry.  I would wait about 20-30 minutes
  • Use as few strokes as you can to apply because it starts crackling instantly.  I found it the best to use 3 strokes: side, middle, other side.  I dipped the brush into the bottle every new stroke. Make sure you have enough polish on the brush, because you don't want to go over the same spot twice
Stay tuned.  I just bought the Sally Hanson Salon Effects and am going to apply them for my next big night out on the town! I'm off to take off this crackle shiznat!



No comments:

Post a Comment