Monday, February 28, 2011

**Galaxy Nails**

So this was my first time doing galaxy nail and I am pretty pleased.  It was very easy to do and you can use any colors you want to!  I used a dark blue and did one coat over all of my nails.  Then, I used the light green on the tips/middle of my nail.  I cut off the side of a sponge (I just used a kitchen sponge) and painted some color on the sponge and dabbed it on the end of my nails.  I then used a little white on some edges.  I would have liked more of a splatter effect with white but I don't have any really solid white colors- mine are all a little see through.  I need to get on that.  Then I did a coat of bluish sparkles over all my nails.  I used a Deborah Lippmann silver  glitter, "Today was a fairytale" on various places on each nail.  Finish with a topcoat and you are finito! I like using the sponge technique.  I will definitely be using a sponge to do cool color mixtures in the future. The top photo was with a flash so it makes it look a bit different than this one:




No comments:

Post a Comment