Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New Rhinestoned iPhone Case

I must start this post off by saying I will not proofread my posts because I am too lazy to, but I also will probably feel embarrassed by how long I an talk about certain subjects.  So as some of you know, I ordered the most beautiful sparkly black rhinestones this summer.  When they arrived, they were blue but said they were black on the label.  I called to complain, but I did not get a call back   or email me back so finally after many months, I just rhinestoned my cell phone case blue.  Unfortunately things took a turn for the worse and was running out of blue towards the bottom, so I put a pink heart at the bottom to take up space.  I still ran out and had to use some of the clear I had left over from rhinestoning my car at the bottom. So, needless to say my cell phone case is not as beautiful as it should be, but it's sparkly.  


If you feel like rhinestoning your cell phone, face... entire body, or anything else that comes to mind, I cannot judge you, but I do have a website I recommend.  They only messed up this one time and usually they are quick to respond to an email or call.  https://www.rhinestoneshop.com


I recommend the 10ss or 9ss for cell phones.  I think they look the best.  That is what I used for the blue.  If you are not patient or have trouble placing small items in straight lines you should use 12ss. The bigger ones are easier to put on, but don't always fit well, so the smaller, the neater everything looks.  I got 3 Gross of my blue (that were supposed to be black) and ran out so you should get 4 Gross or 5 to be safe.-what's the harm in having rhinestones left over.


I would also recommend you get the "hotfix" rhinestones because they have a beauuuuutiful shine on them.  I rhinestoned one of my phones with the chalk white and it was one of the prettiest things I have ever seen.  The other rhinestones on the website appear shiny in photos, but don't have that multi color sparkle in person.  My car had to find out about this the sad way. The blue and clear rhinestones I put on the steering wheel and back bmw sign are very "blah". Check out the black hotfix rhinestones I was supposed to get.


Last but not least, if you plan to rhinestone anything, you must buy the "picker upper" and glue off the website.  The picker upper is a little plastic tool with wax on the end which makes it extremely easy to lift and transfer rhinestones at a very fast speed.  If you are right handed, I recommend starting at the left and working towards the right in horizontal lines, and work your way down from bottom to top with those horizontal lines. 


It is hard to capture the beauty of rhinestones in a photo, but I tried..









No comments:

Post a Comment