Wednesday, February 23, 2011

~Cheeetah Rawwwr~

Yes, I did just take off the crackle and applied cheetah.  It's been a long time since I've had cheetah myself.  I did it for so many other people, I kinda got sick of looking at it.  Don't worry friends, I still dooo fo you :) To do cheetah print is pretty simple and fun! You can change up all three of the colors! For mine, I used Over the Taupe OPI for the base (let it dry for about 10 min), then I used a nail polish that came with a  thin black brush I got at a Sally beauty supply store, and a CoverGirl glitter gold nail polish for the middles of the spots.  

 If you want a lot of small-brushed colors, you can just use the normal nail polish you already have and just buy a small paintbrush at an art supply store.  When applying the black designs, try to keep them all the same size.  I like to have some full shapes and some coming off the sides to infinity and beyond.  Then I just draw a few small lines or specks in open places.  The trick for the shapes are to do one longer/bigger U shape and then one smaller one.  It really matters what kind of brush you use because sometimes the shapes will come on thicker.  I prefer a thicker brush, but right now I have a thinner one so I glob more nail polish onto it.  I usually put the middle color of the spots on last, but you could do it before and then use them as a guide to draw the black shapes around.  If you are using a solid color for the inside of the spots, I recommend putting them on and then drawing the black around.  After you wait for everything to dry for about 20 minutes you can apply a topcoat :) Voila! (Said like Vwala.. I just learned how to spell that.  It's french)

Colors I used:

No comments:

Post a Comment